In a bid to avoid the busy high street, more and more Brits are heading online to finish their last bit of Christmas shopping. However, there’s someone who’s hoping you let your guard down and fall victim to fraud this year and he’s called the Cyber Security Gremlin.
We want our Noddlers to be safe online and we hope our tale of the Cyber Security Gremlin has helped you understand the risks. The next step is to make sure you protect yourself against the threat of identity theft and fraud by following these 5 simple tips:
- Check to see if the website you’re using is genuine. Does it have a small padlock in the address bar, for example?
- Be careful who you give your personal information to and how
- Don’t respond to unsolicited phone calls and emails
- Make it as difficult as possible to crack your personal passwords
- Check your credit report regularly to make sure there are no new searches or lines of credit you don’t recognise
Find out more about how to keep yourself safe on the Noddle blog.